Niagara College has developed expertise in international project management by fulfilling a wide variety of international contracts that involve:
- Training and consulting in competency-based curriculum development
- Human resources development initiatives
- Management and staff development
- Educational planning and master teacher training
- Educational services including marketing, student counseling, job placement and job centre development
- Social enterprise development
A number of these projects are funded by the The Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (formerly The Canadian International Development Agency), some as bi-lateral projects and some via the Colleges and Institutes Canada (formerly the Association of Canadian Community Colleges).
These projects include in-Canada and in-country components that promote individual and institutional capacity development. International educators who visit Niagara explore innovations in research and technical education at the College and share valuable information and perspectives with our staff and students.
Contract training projects initiated by Niagara College and carried out in China, Colombia and Panama have helped to establish Niagara College as a leader in international contract training in diverse areas.