Some international experiences are credited with an elective. The electives are:
General Education 3 credit elective (Diploma Level) Course: SOCL 1127
Liberal Arts 3 credit elective (Degree Level) Course: IDPL 9101
To see if you qualify for the General Education Elective or the Liberal Arts Elective, contact the Study Work Abroad Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to Obtain Elective
In order to gain a Niagara College three (3) credit General Education Elective or Liberal Arts Elective for your International Field Experience, you must complete the following academic requirements and deadlines
1) Pre-departure activities to include but are not limited to:
- Orientation session with academic coordinator to explain the academic requirements of the course.
- Pre-departure research and study about the country to be visited.
- Set-up and design a web site e-portfolio to upload all project materials before the trip.
2) During the trip activities to include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a daily diary (blog).
- Two Journal entries during the trip.
- A cultural interview to be conducted with someone in the foreign country.
3) Post-arrival to Canada activities to include but are not limited to:
- Write a reflective written report.
- Complete your website e-portfolio with photos, video and documentation.
Pre-departure research and web design preparation.
- Two Journal entries during travel – 10% each (total 20%)
- Cultural Interview during travel – 20%
- Diary (blog) entries during travel
- Reflective Written Report after return – 25%
- Website e-portfolio completion after return – 35%