The internship program of the Delegation of Canada to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (located in Vienna, Austria) is designed to provide Canadian students with an opportunity to get directly involved in international affairs. Our interns support the activities of the Delegation in the promotion and advocacy of Canadian interests and policies at the OSCE. Working alongside Canadian diplomats, interns gain first-hand experience in the day-to-day work of a multilateral delegation. As such, our interns are an integral part of the team.
To the extent possible, tasks and responsibilities are assigned based on our interns’ interests, and include:
- Attending OSCE meetings and drafting reports of these meetings for Ottawa
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting, as appropriate, on developments of interest to Canada within the OSCE area
- Contributing to the preparation of Canadian statements to be delivered in OSCE fora, either in response to various speakers or to present Canada’s position on a specific issue
- Preparing and researching to support policy development
- Supporting the organization of official visits