Disney, Florida, USA – School of Business & Management Fall 2017
This unique learning opportunity gives students behind the scenes access to the world of Disney. Learn more about how Disney achieves outstanding business success through informative sessions led by Disney Team Leaders including:
• Culture of Excellence
• Teamwork Techniques
• Leadership Strategies
Also included is a Hospitality Tour focusing on marketing and talent management. Gain a Certificate of Achievement for your resume and your LinkedIn or Indeed profile.
****Final itinerary to be determined
Please note this trip will be eligible for a $300 Be World Ready grant to help offset the cost.
$200 will be awarded upon completion of pre-departure requirements + $100 will be awarded upon return from your Field Study. More information regarding grant distribution as well as the multi-stage process of completion can be found on the 'Grants' page.
Meet at Buffalo Airport to depart to Orlando. Review final details of trip, rules and responsibilities, behavioural expectations and take BWR team photo. Depart from Buffalo to Orlando.
Depart for hotel, early check in if possible. Lunch at Disney park hotel. Depart for Grand Floridian for hospitality tour of hotel. Focus on customer service. Return to hotel. Evening – dinner on own, tour of Disney Springs.
Depart for Disney Park: Workshop One – Teamwork. Students have meals on their own within the park and have have option to use their park hopper passes.
Depart for Disney Park: Workshop Two – Leadership. Students have meals on their own within the park and have have option to use their park hopper passes.
Depart for Disney Park: Workshop Three – Culture. Students have meals on their own within the park and have have option to use their park hopper passes.
Depart for Disney Park: Workshop Four – Creativity. Students have meals on their own within the park and have have option to use their park hopper passes.
Departure home to Canada.
Accommodations at a Disney Resort
Quick Service Meal Plan
All Disney Institute Training an Special Tours
4-day Park Hopper Pass to all Disney Parks
Payment PlanNote that the fees included below are approximate and may vary at any time.
$550 is due April 27, 2018
$550 is due May 25, 2018
$550 is due June 29, 2018
$150+/- is due July 27, 2018
Option 1—Direct Deposit – Online
When making payment through online banking:
- Set up Niagara College as the payee and use your student number as the account number
- Once payment is made, you MUST email email@example.com and provide your name, student number, payment amount and indicate that payment is for International Field Study: Disney, Florida, USA – School of Business & Management Fall 2017. Please copy Be World Ready, at firstname.lastname@example.org on the email
- The following business day the payment will be uploaded to your student account and as long as Student Accounts receive an email from you, the IFS charge will be posted accordingly
Option 2—In Person
Go to Student Accounts located in the Registrar’s office at Niagara College. There is one at each campus. Have your student number available. Indicate that you would like to make a payment for an International Field Study: Disney, Florida, USA – School of Business & Management Fall 2017. Make payment (either deposit or final payment) for your International Opportunity to your student account.
Students MUST email the Be World Ready team immediately at email@example.com, from their Niagara College student email account, to notify the team of your decision to no longer participate in an IFS. If no notification of cancelation is received by email to the Be World Ready team after the initial deposit date, all payments are 100% non-refundable regardless of the below schedule of cancellation fees.
It is imperative that the Be World Ready team is notified of your choice to withdraw from any IFS as soon as possible. A missed payment is not considered a notification of no longer wishing to participate in an IFS an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your desire to withdrawal.
If a student needs to cancel their International Field Study, they may qualify for a refund of monies paid based on the schedule of cancellation fees outlined below:Schedule of Cancellation Fees
- 0—30 days of deposit date: Refunds will be granted based on vendor/supplier payments made by the cancelation date
- 31—60 days of deposit date: 50% loss of all payments made to date
- 61+ days of deposit date: All payments 100% non-refundable
- Apply online
- Email a copy/photo of your passport to
- Please ensure all text is legible as this is required to book your airline ticket
- Pay the deposit (spots for this trip are only secured after a deposit payment has be made)
All, full-time Niagara College students participating in an international activity are eligible for up to $500 worth of Be World Ready grants to help offset the cost of their experience. In order to qualify for the grant:
- Apply to an international experience
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure meeting (dates to be determined)
- Complete the online pre-departure component (consisting of Blackboard modules and forms to sign)
- Successfully attend the international experience
- Upon return, submit two high-quality photos along with a well-written testimonial referencing your experience abroad to the Be World Ready team
Oct 20, 2018—Oct 24, 2018
Disney - School of Business & Management
Human Resources, Sales & Marketing
April 27, 2018