Disney, Florida, USA – School of Hospitality & Tourism Fall 2018
Disney Youth Education Series (YES) Programs allow students to embark on an educational adventure in the information-rich setting of the Disney Parks. Students and teachers take part in a guided, hands-on field study in a variety of focuses including Applied Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Liberal Arts and Leadership Development.
The students attending the trip will participate in the College Edition of YES, which is titled "Get Ready for the World".
Students will be embedded into the culture, tasks and responsibilities and interact with Disney professionals. During this field study students will participate in interactive challenges that test their knowledge and expand their career goals.
Please note this trip will be eligible for a $300 Be World Ready grant to help offset the cost.
$200 will be awarded upon completion of pre-departure requirements + $100 will be awarded upon return from your Field Study. More information regarding grant distribution as well as the multi-stage process of completion can be found on the 'Grants' page.
Morning arrival at Orlando Airport where after clearing customs we board the Disney Magic Express shuttle, which will take us to the All Star Resorts hotel. After checking into the hotel, students will take the shuttle to the Grand Floridian Hotel, where a Disney Lead will delivery the first of four Disney workshops – Hospitality for an International Audience. After the tour, students are free to explore the Disney properties, Disney Springs or the hotel.
Today is an open day and students are free to explore the Disney Parks. This is the first day students can use their 4-day Parker Hopper Pass, which allows students to visit the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom.
Students will catch the 7:15am shuttle to Hollywood Studios. At 7:30am, we will connect with our Disney Team lead and they will escort us into the park. Students will take part in the Disney’s Leadership Strategies workshop from 7:45am until noon. After the workshop, students are free to use their 4-day Park Hopper Pass, which allows students to visit the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom.
YES – Program – Disney’s Leadership Strategies
- Understand Disney’s 3 Key Concepts for a successful business
- Be able to identify and give examples of the 4 Disney Leadership Strategies discovered and discussed
- Be able to articulate the critical need for clear and precise communication, as well as the necessity for a 360° communication flow within a team
- Understand that great leaders recognize the need to adapt their leadership style to fit the situation, and are comfortable in many mode
Students will catch the 7:15am shuttle to Epcot. At 7:30am, we will connect with our Disney Team lead and they will escort us into the park. Students will take part in the Disney’s Techniques of Teamwork workshop from 7:45am until noon. After the workshop, students are free to use their 4-day Park Hopper Pass, which allows students to visit the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom.
YES – Program – Disney’s Technique of Teamwork
- Understand the need for building consensus within a team, and their individual responsibility to help achieve it
- Be able to articulate the value of encouraging and supporting individual strengths and talents within a team
- Understand some basic elements in their team’s dynamics–including trust, support and mutual concern
- Gain best practices from their conversations with a Disney Leader
Students will catch the 7:15am shuttle to the Magic Kingdom. At 7:30am, we will connect with our Disney Team lead and they will escort us into the park. Students will take part in the Disney’s Culture of Excellence workshop from 7:45am until noon. After the workshop, students are free to use their 4-day Park Hopper Pass, which allows students to visit the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom
After Breakfast, students will board the Disney Magic Express Shuttle to the Orlando Airport for our flight home.
Payment PlanNote that the fees included below are approximate and may vary at any time.
$550 is due April 20, 2018
$550 is due May 25, 2018
$300+/- is due June 29, 2018
Option 1—Direct Deposit – Online
When making payment through online banking:
- Set up Niagara College as the payee and use your student number as the account number
- Once payment is made, you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, student number, payment amount and indicate that payment is for International Field Study: Disney, Florida, USA – School of Hospitality & Tourism Fall 2018. Please copy Be World Ready, at email@example.com on the email
- The following business day the payment will be uploaded to your student account and as long as Student Accounts receive an email from you, the IFS charge will be posted accordingly
Option 2—In Person
Go to Student Accounts located in the Registrar’s office at Niagara College. There is one at each campus. Have your student number available. Indicate that you would like to make a payment for an International Field Study: Disney, Florida, USA – School of Hospitality & Tourism Fall 2018. Make payment (either deposit or final payment) for your International Opportunity to your student account.
Students MUST email the Be World Ready team immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, from their Niagara College student email account, to notify the team of your decision to no longer participate in an IFS. If no notification of cancelation is received by email to the Be World Ready team after the initial deposit date, all payments are 100% non-refundable regardless of the below schedule of cancellation fees.
It is imperative that the Be World Ready team is notified of your choice to withdraw from any IFS as soon as possible. A missed payment is not considered a notification of no longer wishing to participate in an IFS an email must be sent to email@example.com expressing your desire to withdrawal.
If a student needs to cancel their International Field Study, they may qualify for a refund of monies paid based on the schedule of cancellation fees outlined below:Schedule of Cancellation Fees
- 0—30 days of deposit date: Refunds will be granted based on vendor/supplier payments made by the cancelation date
- 31—60 days of deposit date: 50% loss of all payments made to date
- 61+ days of deposit date: All payments 100% non-refundable
- Apply online
- Email a copy/photo of your passport to
- Please ensure all text is legible as this is required to book your airline ticket
- Pay the deposit (spots for this trip are only secured after a deposit payment has be made)
All, full-time Niagara College students participating in an international activity are eligible for up to $500 worth of Be World Ready grants to help offset the cost of their experience. In order to qualify for the grant:
- Apply to an international experience
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure meeting (dates to be determined)
- Complete the online pre-departure component (consisting of Blackboard modules and forms to sign)
- Successfully attend the international experience
- Upon return, submit two high-quality photos along with a well-written testimonial referencing your experience abroad to the Be World Ready team
Sep 29, 2018—Oct 4, 2018
Disney, Hospitality Management, Tourism
School of Hospitality & Tourism
April 20, 2018