Ireland – School of Business & Management Winter 2018
This Ireland Be World Ready opportunity is designed for students who have a desire to explore the Irish culture and learn with Irish peers and industry professionals.
Students will visit two cities in Ireland, Dublin & Cork, with highlights such as a tour of the quaint city of Kilkenny, a visit to Trinity College to admire the breathtaking architecture, puckering up to kiss the Blarney stone, and a walking tour of the Jameson's Distillery.
Students from the School of Business & Management will engage in a learning opportunity with Cork Institute of Technology students, on campus, while participating in workshops on, "Leadership" each morning, followed by cultural excursions in the afternoon.
Please note this trip will be eligible for a $500 Be World Ready grant to help offset the cost.
$400 will be awarded upon completion of pre-departure requirements + $100 will be awarded upon return from your International Field Study. More information regarding grant distribution as well as the multi-stage process of completion can be found on the 'Grants' page.
With passports in hand, board your overnight flight to Ireland.
Upon arrival in Dublin, board the coach and head towards Cork. We stop first in Rock of Cashel to stretch our legs and have a good old-fashioned Irish breakfast. We continue until we reach Cork, set on the banks of the River Lee. Have some free time before joining the group for a welcome dinner and Irish Ceili.
Spend the morning at Cork Institute of Technology attending workshops on Leadership & Diversity. Followed by an afternoon site visit to EMC/Dell to learn their best practices with leadership and diversity in the field.
You’ll wrap up your busy day with a tour of Jamesons Distillery, which dates back to 1795. Take a journey through the historical site and see the old kilns, mills and malting, water wheel, and old warehouses, with a sample at the end.
Spend the morning at Cork Institute of Technology attending workshops on Cross-Cultural Competencies, followed by a visit to Boston Scientific.
Your afternoon is then spent exploring the city of Cork on the hop-on-hop of style tour.
Finally, you’ll meet the group for dinner at Oliver Plunket’s to enjoy some Irish craic and traditional fare.
(Breakfast and Dinner included)
Spend the morning at Cork Institute of Technology attending workshops on Global Leadership, followed by a visit to Voxpro.
Enjoy a free evening to explore all the sights and sounds you’ve taken in so of Cork.
Spend the morning at Cork Institute of Technology attending workshops on Scaling Internationally followed by a visit to CIT’s very own Rubicon Centre.
Later in the afternoon, you’ll visit The Cork City Gaol Tour with your group.
With bags packed and in the lobby, with your next adventure headed towards the Blarney Castle – get ready to pucker up – but first visit with an NC alum studying in Cork and hear from our expert speaker about opportunities to complete internships in Ireland.
You’ll end your day in the village of Kilkenny, visiting the magically breathtaking Kilkenny Castle and perhaps you’ll choose to rent a bike to explore the village.
Today you’ll travel to Dublin with the opportunity to journey out into the city and discover the history and architecture of this renowned city.
The evening is filled with a picture perfect evening and farewell dinner with your group on a canal boat tour.
(Breakfast & Dinner included)
Happily give a final wave goodbye to Ireland with your lifetime memories and learning safely stowed in your journal and heart.
- 8 nights hotel accommodation in twin shared rooms
- Breakfast daily and 3 dinner inclusions
- Air-conditioned coach in Ireland
- Most evening activities and tours
Payment PlanNote that the fees included below are approximate and may vary at any time.
$550 is due April 27, 2018
$650 is due May 25, 2018
$650 is due June 29, 2018
$450+/- is due July 27, 2018
Option 1—Direct Deposit – Online
When making payment through online banking:
- Set up Niagara College as the payee and use your student number as the account number
- Once payment is made, you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, student number, payment amount and indicate that payment is for International Field Study: Ireland – School of Business & Management Winter 2018. Please copy Be World Ready, at email@example.com on the email
- The following business day the payment will be uploaded to your student account and as long as Student Accounts receive an email from you, the IFS charge will be posted accordingly
Option 2—In Person
Go to Student Accounts located in the Registrar’s office at Niagara College. There is one at each campus. Have your student number available. Indicate that you would like to make a payment for an International Field Study: Ireland – School of Business & Management Winter 2018. Make payment (either deposit or final payment) for your International Opportunity to your student account.
Students MUST email the Be World Ready team immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, from their Niagara College student email account, to notify the team of your decision to no longer participate in an IFS. If no notification of cancelation is received by email to the Be World Ready team after the initial deposit date, all payments are 100% non-refundable regardless of the below schedule of cancellation fees.
It is imperative that the Be World Ready team is notified of your choice to withdraw from any IFS as soon as possible. A missed payment is not considered a notification of no longer wishing to participate in an IFS an email must be sent to email@example.com expressing your desire to withdrawal.
If a student needs to cancel their International Field Study, they may qualify for a refund of monies paid based on the schedule of cancellation fees outlined below:Schedule of Cancellation Fees
- 0—30 days of deposit date: Refunds will be granted based on vendor/supplier payments made by the cancelation date
- 31—60 days of deposit date: 50% loss of all payments made to date
- 61+ days of deposit date: All payments 100% non-refundable
- Apply online
- Email a copy/photo of your passport to
- Please ensure all text is legible as this is required to book your airline ticket
- Pay the deposit (spots for this trip are only secured after a deposit payment has be made)
All, full-time Niagara College students participating in an international activity are eligible for up to $500 worth of Be World Ready grants to help offset the cost of their experience. In order to qualify for the grant:
- Apply to an international experience
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure meeting (dates to be determined)
- Complete the online pre-departure component (consisting of Blackboard modules and forms to sign)
- Successfully attend the international experience
- Upon return, submit two high-quality photos along with a well-written testimonial referencing your experience abroad to the Be World Ready team
Oct 20, 2018—Oct 28, 2018
Cork City, Dublin City
April 27, 2018