Passionate about growing professionally in a new country and cultural setting?
You’ve come to the right place!
Receive up to $10,000 in grant funding!
As part of Canada’s new International Education Strategy, Colleges and Institutes Canada has been selected by the Government of Canada to design and administer a new outbound student mobility pilot program: Global Skills Opportunity (GSO). This investment by the federal government will provide thousands of post-secondary students with the opportunity to study and work overseas, strengthening their global competency and future careers.
Global Skills Opportunity is funded by the Government of Canada through Employment and Social Development Canada and is administered through a unique partnership between Colleges and Institutes Canada, Universities Canada, and Canadian post-secondary institutions.
To qualify for funding associated with work abroad opportunities, students must:
- be actively enrolled in a program at Niagara College
- be in good academic standing
- be considered domestic (Canadian Resident or Permanent Resident status), and
- plan to work abroad in a country that meets eligibility requirements as outlined by CICan
As the funding comes from the Canadian government and they have stated that only domestic students qualify, we unfortunately do not have the ability to extend this offering to international students at this time.
Steps to Success
- Determine if you are eligible for funding by completing the eligibility quiz.
- Consult your Coop Consultant or Placement Officer to determine if a work abroad opportunity will satisfy the requirement for your program, if applicable.
- Research, apply for, and obtain a job offer for a work abroad opportunity, and have it approved by your Coop Consultant or Placement Officer. Don’t want to research your own opportunities? Check out our “Available Work Abroad Opportunities” below for our established partnerships!
- Click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application to BWR.
- Once BWR confirms eligibility, you will receive an email outlining next steps and the potential grant funding amount you qualify for.
Available Work Abroad Opportunities
Students are permitted to find their own work abroad opportunity, so long as it can be approved by their Coop Consultant or Placement Officer. For those wanting to apply for an opportunity with one of our established partners abroad, please review the opportunities available below:
University of Florida and Walt Disney World® Resort Academic Exchange The University of Florida’s Eric Friedheim Tourism Institute (EFTI) and Walt Disney …